- THE BEAUTIES AND THE BRIT: KELLY ROWLAND AND PAULINA RUBIO JOIN THE X FACTOR USAPosted 7 hours ago
- PICK OF THE DAY: Leverage S5 – SONY at 7pm (WAT)Posted 8 hours ago
- Yahoo unveils Flickr redesign with full-resolution images, new Android app and 1TB of free storagePosted 10 hours ago
- Unilag Undergraduate, Chidubem wins Mr Ideal Nigeria 2013Posted 10 hours ago
- CNN’s ‘African Voices’ Profiles Nigerian Prolific Writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie…As she talks about her works, inspirations and impact on NigeriaPosted 14 hours ago
- Emeka Mba, New NBC Boss Assumes OfficePosted 21 hours ago
- Nokia Lumia 520 and 720 arrive in Nigeria: Expanding the Lumia range to new price pointsPosted 4 days ago
- Listen to all the final matches of 2012/2013 EPL season this weekend live!Posted 4 days ago
MTN Project Fame Back With A Bang! Brandy, Joe & Dbanj Storm Opening Gala.
After a long period of auditions across Africa, the all new season opened with a lot of glamor as a lot of celebrities in the entertainment industry flooded the MTN Project Fame Opening Gala on Sunday, October 2, 2011. Notable faces at the event include Veteran actor and Actress, Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva, Segun Arinze, Jay Jay Okocha, Chidi Mokeme, Dayo Adeneye, Cobhams, Banky W, Sasha among many others.
The event had international award winning sensational singer, Brandy, revered R&B artiste, Joe and Nigerian popstar, Dbanj thrill the audience of over 5,000 guests. MTN Project Fame past winners, Iyanya, Mike, Praise, Kesse and Chidinma also performed at the electrifying event.
“Just landed in the states! Nigerian love will keep me smiling forever! Thank you to all the fans who supported the MTN event…Love you all!” an excited Brandy tweeted from her official handle @4everbrandy shortly after her return to the US.
17 finalists emerged out of the 19 contestants that were introduced to the audience for the MTN Project Fame season 4 as two of the contestants went home from the opening gala night.
The Project Fame Finalists
The Project Fame academy will train the finalists on the A- Z of the art and business of music, using special in-house coaching and performance as well as external mentors who will take turns to prepare the contestants for a future in the music industry. The contestants are to spend some weeks in boot camp before moving into the academy for proper training.
MTN Project Fame West Africa started in 2008 and has produced some of Nigeria’s rising stars.
More Pictures From The Event:
An Excited Brandy Fan Showing