- Big Brother The Chase Day 24: Pokello shakes her money maker (VIDEO)Posted 5 hours ago
- The Amazing Race Australia to premiere on Sony EntertainmentPosted 11 hours ago
- Big Brother The Chase Day 24: Elikem finally picks Pokello over his other womenPosted 11 hours ago
- The St Remy Party Train Heads to Club Ace Featuring HarrySong, Mystro, Classiq, Durella, Sean TizzlePosted 13 hours ago
- Big Brother The Chase Day 23 (Recap): Living on the wild sidePosted 15 hours ago
- Fox Crime launches in Africa: Channel premieres Tuesday 9 July on DStvPosted 1 day ago
- Al Jazeera’s correspondent Yvonne Ndege and 3 others released by Niger authoritiesPosted 1 day ago
- Bloomberg TV Africa and EnergyNet sign two-year partnership deal for AEF 2013 & 2014Posted 1 day ago
The Waiting Ends: Headies 2011 Holds In Lagos This October!
We’ve been waiting desperately for weeks and thankfully, after what seemed like an endless wait, the venue and date for The Headies (Hip hop world awards) has finally been announced!
The 2011 Headies has been announced to hold at the New Expo Hall of Eko Hotel and Suites, Lagos on Saturday, October 22, 2011 focusing the spotlight on Nigeria’s most outstanding musicians, from the heart of the country’s most vibrant city- Lagos.
Eldee, and talented actress Rita Dominic are the hosts for The Headies 2011 as the event will not only focus on rewarding talents, but will showcase spectacular performances from the country’s finest artistes.
Encouraging Nigerian musicians to “Standout, Surpass, break from the norm, organizers have promised that this year’s awards will yet again be one that the music industry will not forget in a hurry
“We took all this time to come up with concepts that will surpass the previous editions; we are glad to raise the standard again, far above what we have set over the years. This year, a lot of obvious changes will be seen, I can assure you of this” Ayo Animashaun who founded the awards in 2006 says
The awards ceremony known for its innovative and trailblazing concepts started in 2006, and fast became one of the top events in Nigeria’s annual music calendar. Organizers have single-handedly revolutionized the approach and manner; awards are organized and structured in the country.
This year, Fifty Eight (58) artistes will battle to win a desirable “Heady” (made up of 21 carat gold) in one of twenty categories including “Next rated category”, “Album of the year”, “Artiste of the year”, “Song of the year”, “Recording of the year” ,”Producer of the year”, “Best music video”, “Best RNB single”, Best Pop single” and Best RNB/Pop album”
Other categories include “Best Rap Single”, “Best Rap album”, “Lyricist on the roll”, “Best Collabo”, Best Vocal Performance (Male), “Best Vocal performance (Female), “African Artiste of the year”, “Best street hop”, “Revelation of the year”, and “Best Conscious music”
The awards celebrate contemporary genres and personalities loved by the youths and young adults all over the country including Rap, R&B, pop and other genres.
The first three editions of Hip hop world awards held in Lagos, Nigeria while 2009 saw the awards move to Abuja, Nigeria. In 2010, the awards held at the EXPO hall, Eko Hotel, the same venue that will host the 2011 edition come October 22, 2011.
Performers for this year are to be announced next week.